Monday, January 7, 2008

Brooke Greenberg - An eternal baby?? - 2005

Duration: 03:22 minutes
Upload Time: 2007-07-20 03:42:48
User: geowhizkid26
:::: Favorites
:::: Top Videos of Day
Description:

Brooke Greenberg (b. January 8, 1993) is (as of 2007) a 14 year old girl who lives in Reisterstown, Maryland, which is a northern suburb of Baltimore. She is a very special little girl, as she has not aged or changed physically, mentally, or emotionally in the past 12 years. I definitely can at least empathize with her situation, because I have high functioning autism, and well, socially and emotionally, I'm like a four or five year old myself (I get told this by friends and family a lot too). Little Brooke is 29 inches tall (she has grown 2 inches since last time WBAL did this report on her) and now weighs in at 15 lbs. Certainly nowhere near a typical 14 year old in height or weight. She lives with her parents and 3 wonderful sisters who love her very much. There is even a better video of her on Dateline NBC; if you google "Brooke Greenberg Dateline NBC", you will find a 8 minute video that Dateline did on her in 2005 October. She is very cute and as her father Howard calls her, "the most sweetest and kindest person I know of". Her pediatrician, Dr. Lawrence Pakula, who also studies about autism and Attention Deficit Disorder in children (both of which I have), mentions that people might think Brooke is perhaps a "handicapped 2 year old", but would never think she was 14, if they didn't know her. Brooke doesn't speak, but that doesn't mean she's not smart. (For example, there have been autistic people who have gone to college who don't speak at all and are very smart). She does manage to get around, by scooting on the floor, and at her school (she goes to a special ed school), she manages to get around via a baby walker, so I guess you could say, in a way, she knows how to walk, albeit in a walker. What is interesting is that no one knows WHY she is like this, doctors have examined her genetic material and have found nothing abnormal. There is no one in the world like her - Brooke is the only one person in the world that is like this. But it doesn't really matter to her parents, they love her no matter what. She could be the fountain of youth too, if she or someone she knows can discover what makes her this way, she'd be the world's first zillionaire. I mean, I'm sure there's not many people that would want to be 4 years old or 2 years old forever, but probably a large proportion of adults would love to stay 20 forever. In spite of a stroke she suffered at 5 years of age, and other problems such as 5 stomach ulcers when she was 3 years old, she has blossomed and thrived. She hasn't really had many medical problems since she was 5; she's stabilized, and she is now in fairly good health, except one winter (I think it was 2005) she was hospitalized with a respiratory problem. A true inspiration to anyone, for sure. I feel actually children and child-like people give more to the world than most adults do. Contribution to society isn't just measured by how much money you have; babies, toddlers, and children contribute every day to the world by being compassionate and caring. Most young children are really far more empathetic, kind, compassionate, nonjudgemental, nonracist, and understanding than most adults are. We learn to hate and be mean as we grow older. Anyway, certainly a nice little inspiring video and I hope you enjoy this. And also, sorry for my long descriptions / narrations on all my videos so far, I tend to do that.

Comments

pixl8edkat ::: Favorites  2007-12-17 12:58:21

Too cute!! And so interesting to hear of this medical *miracle*! Wow!! thanks for this!
__________________________________________________
nofx221984 ::: Favorites  2007-11-29 05:40:43

Genetic Mutation.
__________________________________________________
Saint7456 ::: Favorites  2007-11-01 12:10:45

She is so adorable. I wonder though if she can think as a twelve year old and just can't tell us.
__________________________________________________
UdderForce ::: Favorites  2007-10-19 12:53:32

wow, im speechless. this is totally amazing, such a touching/sad/happy story. words just cant describe. Go Brooke :-)
__________________________________________________
geowhizkid26 ::: Favorites  2007-10-02 23:09:58

What I meant to say is, I didn't mean this in a bad way that sibilngs don't look after their disabled siblings. They might not be able to because they have their own families. I know a guy with Asperger's and he can't work or anything but his parents don't expect his sibs to take care of him. I don't think my parents even expect my brother to take care of me, and certainly not in his house. All the hugs go to Brooke!! One bundle of joy!!
__________________________________________________
geowhizkid26 ::: Favorites  2007-10-02 23:07:33

Well, yes, we all hope if her parents outlive Brooke that she will get looked over by family. However that might not happen. As much as her siblings might love her, they might not want to live with her. I know some people with disabilities like autism and you can't always expect a sibling to take care of another sib. Maybe if no one cares about Brooke, I will. :-) I guess I have to get a nurse for both of us should that happen.
__________________________________________________
geowhizkid26 ::: Favorites  2007-10-02 23:04:38

Yeah can you believe that?? Both you and Brooke have the same birthday? WOW. And look at you. It's sad but also cool that Brooke is stuck as a baby-toddler. I can empathize with Brooke because I am similar to her in some ways...emotionally and socially I'm like a 4 1/2 year old, and I'm not putting myself down, that is really what I am (except I can write long messages,lol).
__________________________________________________
geowhizkid26 ::: Favorites  2007-10-02 22:59:01

Hello Navywife1977. Thanks for your questions. No, I'm not on Gluten Free diet, perhaps I should be. Do I have digestive problems?? Oh, hell, yes!! I alternate between constipation and diarrhea and another thing is I have a lot of acid, and acid reflux. Especially at night. I used to vomit up acid in the morning if I didn't eat anything immediately. I still do from time to time.
__________________________________________________
navywife1977 ::: Favorites  2007-10-02 00:31:20

Thank you for posting this, I can now say I have seen a miracle. :o) By the way, are you on any special diet, like the GFCF or anything, do you have digestive problems??
__________________________________________________
m1pete ::: Favorites  2007-09-22 16:52:06

If her parents die she will still get looked after by her her family that love her. God bless her and her family. shes so
__________________________________________________
Jerseysfinestchris ::: Favorites  2007-09-20 21:09:33

wtf!..born january 8, 1993!..tahts the same day i was born.and im 14..in high skool..so she suposed to b in high skool!..omg..very sad..very kool..=[)
__________________________________________________
MsWhatsoever ::: Favorites  2007-08-08 00:07:30

Well I think she doesn't age because of her hips I heard that she has a hip problem or maybe she didn't develope her own growth spurt
__________________________________________________
weezing22arbok ::: Favorites  2007-08-06 07:03:37

all the looovveee!!!hug me!
__________________________________________________
weezing22arbok ::: Favorites  2007-08-06 07:03:08

ok. but wat bout the cool things that a normal 14 year old would like! she's missing out all the fun! and i dont want to suck a bottle forever!!!!!!! nver mind. at least she could enjoy "childhoodness" far longer than us.
__________________________________________________
geowhizkid26 ::: Favorites  2007-08-03 20:18:00

Yes, Joey, she is amazing!! No one else has her condition. She had a stroke back in 1996, plus other problems, but since age 5, she's been stable medically. She's stuck like a 1 year old....I'm like a 4-5 year old emotionally/socially with my autism, but she is also physically like a child, which I am not. Her parents adore her and treat her with respect like the little lady she is. Very cute.
__________________________________________________

Other Video Blog Entries

The Adventures of Kurt Shmurt Episode 20: Elephantbird!
To Where You Are
Anti Larry Craig Campaign Video: Stan Ditmar is perfect
photo montages
every1 dance part 2
clash dontcha vs zoxea 1er partie
margaux in action
passion - cater 2 u cover
Earthbound-Lvl 99 Kill: Titanic Ant
Junior play
Ah Ya Albi
Hannah Montana-Bone Dance
Dj Carlee - All around the world Dizzy rascal
戒邪淫网站
Gunslinger Girl AMV- La Noyée by Yann Tiersen
Doom 3.Real Doom stories.Secret Room.
Basketball Drive-by
Hovercraft!
Bicycle Accidents
QsK Mozer's 1st montage *Amazing*


 

No comments: